LockedUSB MK2 Charge Only USB Adapter is coming to Kickstarter on November 13th, 2014 . Interested backers can get their hands on a LockedUSB Adapter MK2 USB Hardware Firewall for a very Special price. People who depend on their phones can rest assured LockedUSB MK2 will keep them safe and provide fast charging.
LockedUSB Adapter MK2 is an small Charge Only Hardware Firewall adapter that allows secure charging of your personal devices. It physically disconnects the data lines, while keeping intruders away from your personal information. Stay protected from Juice Jacking.
Inside the adapter we have a dedicated controller chip and current limiting power switch. An auto-detect feature monitors USB data line voltage, and automatically provides the correct electrical signatures on the data lines and allows portable devices to fast charge at their maximum rated current. Easily enable Fast Charging on any USB port.
Do you want to charge your device at work without synching to your office computer? LockedUSB can help, Connect and Charge your device with any computer without syncing or putting your information at risk
What is LockedUSB Adapter MK2?
LockedUSB Adapter MK2 is an Small USB Charge Only Hardware Firewall adapter that allows secure charging of your personal devices. It enables portable devices to fast-charge, at their maximum rated current, anywhere there is a USB port. It physically disconnects the data lines, while keeping intruders away from your personal information.
Inside the adapter we have a dedicated controller chip with an auto-detect feature that monitors USB data line voltage, and automatically provides the correct electrical signatures on the data lines and allows portable devices to fast charge at their maximum rated current while keeping the data lines completely isolated.
- No Firmware necessary, every feature is builded into the hardware
- Enables faster charging of phones and tablets by Optimizing the Power from the computer USB Port.
- Keeps devices safe from Hacks and Malicious public charging stations
- Compatible with most Smart Phones and tables in the market.
- Small size and simple design that make it easy to carry around and straightforward to use
- Protect your device from Juice Jacking & BadUSB hacks
- Hiccup Mode for Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Enable Fast Charging on any USB port.
- Accurate ±10% Current-Limit at 2.3 A (typ)
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 Power Switch Requirements.
Technical Profiles Supported:
- Supports a USB DCP Shorting D+ Line to D– Line
- Supports a USB DCP Applying 2.0 V on D+ Line and 2.7 V on D– Line (or a USB DCP Applying 2.7 V on D+ Line and 2.0 V on D– Line)
- Supports a USB DCP Applying 1.2 V on D+ and D– Lines
- Automatically Switch D+ and D– Lines Connections for an Attached Device
- Operating Range: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
LockedUSB Adapter MK2 – Charging Time compare with AC Wall Adapter and Straight off the USB port
Why do you need LockedUSB MK2 Charge Only Adapter?
As the folks at Krebs on Security report, “…those innocent-seeming charging stations could easily turn from saviors to devious data thieves. Those charging stations could easily be configured to copy data from your smartphone — or to even install malware on the device.”
PC Magazine security watch’s Max Eddy reports; “For this year’s upcoming Black Hat conference, the abstract for one talk in particular has caught peoples’ eyes. In it, researchers say they will demonstrate an innocuous-looking public charging station that can seize control of your iOS device.
Andy Greenberg at Forbes first drew our attention to the upcoming presentation titled “Mactans: Injecting Malware Into iOS Device Via Malicious Chargers.” Authors Billy Lau, Yeongjin Jang, and Chengyu Song write that their malicious charger—dubbed “Mactans”—is built off a BeagleBoard, three-inch square single-board computer from Texas Instruments.”
That’s scary, but there is no reason to panic.